Among my house-related projects, this one really let me venture into largely new territory. I've had my sewing machine for a couple years now but its efforts have mostly gone to hems and tiny mending jobs. This thrift-store chair is my first venture into three-dimensional sewing.
From a distance it looks darn good, I'd say. Just don't look at it up close. Particularly around the zippers.
And even with all the (major) imperfections, the new cushions are still a humongous improvement over the old ones.
For some reason I didn't get a "before" picture of the chair itself. I'll let you imagine the dings and scratches that have been covered up by this glossy coat of black paint.
Knitting update: I finished that first argyle sock... and it wouldn't fit over B's heel. So I frogged the whole thing and I've started over with a simpler, stretchier pattern. Still, the whole thing has been fairly frustrating, and has led my knitting attention to wander to other projects. I've been working in a pretty non-committal fashion on three different projects over the last couple of days. Once I start moving confidently in any one direction, I'll post something of substance.